[sane-devel] improve HP scanner support information

David Fourer dfourer at comcast.net
Thu Sep 17 20:13:53 UTC 2009

Allan,

I see what you mean.  My suggestion--for us end-user guys who are not
programmers--would be to add the words Deskjet series, Photosmart
series, and Laserjet series to the HP listings ordered by printer type
(http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html).  Then leave all the fields
blank except the comment.

Link to the downloads page -- hplipopensource.com -- This has all the
user info, the download, and FAQ stuff.  It's user-friendly.  The notes
under HPAIO link to the sourceforge page, and it's quite confusing to me.

I'm just trying to help the next person who comes along.  I got the help
I needed and I want to make it easier for the next person.  I hope this
makes sense.