[sane-devel] Unsupported devices

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Sep 28 13:03:42 UTC 2009

Hello,
Firstly dealing with the Samsung as I know about that. You will find the
Xerox configuration file in a location like /etc/sane.d/xerox_mfp.conf
(this is the case for my debian system, others may vary slightly). I
found in my xerox_mfp.conf file (it has been updated by debian since I
first got my Samsung CLX-3170FN) the following lines which should be
useful to you:
#Samsung SCX-4200
usb 0x04e8 0x341b

That should be enough for your Samsung to work with sane.

As for HPLIP, I am not sure what you would need to get for installing it
on your router, I have only used a HP psc1110 on a desktop running
slackware and the slackware packages were enough to get it running.

Michael Whapples