[sane-devel] Avision AV220G

emmanuel at engelhart.org emmanuel at engelhart.org
Tue Sep 29 12:59:33 UTC 2009

Hi Jeroen,

 Le lun 28/09/09 15:07, "Jeroen Eeuwes" jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com a écrit:
>I already sent this message on the Avison list a few months ago, but
>due to lack of response I'm hoping someone here can help me.
>
>I've got an Avision AV220G. I'm trying to use the scanner under linux
>(Kubuntu 9.04).
>
>At first it was not recognised, but I've solved this problem by adding the text:
>
>    <!-- Avision AV220-G -->
>    <match key="usb.vendor_id" int="0x0638">
>      <match key="usb.product_id" int="0x0a94">
>        <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">scanner</append>
>        <merge key="scanner.access_method" type="string">proprietary</merge>
>      </match>
>    </match>
>
> to the file /usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/10osvendor/20-libsane.fdi.

for that part of the problem the file to update seems to be here:
http://git.debian.org/?p=sane/sane-backends.git;a=history;f=backend/avision.desc;h=d05e8a5d58c78d3d408db1ed9404af252117ce26;hb=HEAD

Like you can see, nothing has been done there since a long time.

I have on my side exactly the same issue but with the AVISION 6080E
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2009-May/024785.html

Seems that only René Rebe has the (moral?) permission to modify the avision.desc file and he also seems not to have the time to do that.

This is IMO a pretty ridiculous situation, because my scanner has been working since almost 2 years (thx René) with the exactcode head code... but actually nobody can use the AVISION 6080E because a simple description file in XML is not up to date!

So, be patient, it will certainly be fixed in a (hope not so far) future...
For the rest, I hope than someone else will help you with the worth part of you bug report.

Regards
Emmanuel