[sane-devel] SANE source compilation problems

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Sun Apr 25 21:02:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Ilmārs Poikāns <ilmars at delibero.lv> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded source from git repositories (sane-backends and sane-frontends)
> and tired to compile them.
>
> I have Ubuntu 9.10, needed dev library packages were there.
>
> sane-backends configure, make, make install was fine.
> sane-frontends configure failed.
>
> I traced problem down to /user/local/bin/sane-config having line:
> LIBS=" -ldl -lv4l1   -lm -ltiff -ljpeg  -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lexif -lm
> -lusb       -lusb  @REGMGR_LIBS@"
>
> When I deleted @REGMGR_LIBS@ from that line, then sane-frontends configure
> run successfully. I didn't care about graphical frontends, so configure
> disabled GUI. Previously gcc tried to find that file and failed to compile
> some tests.

This part was my fault.  I recently fixed oen sane-config bug and
introduced another.  I've just submitted a fix so if you re-pulled
sane-backends from git and reinstall, this part of the problem should
go away.

Others have replied about the remaining issues once @RESMGR@ typo is
fixed.  sane-frontend in current git contains some next generation
API's that sane-backends has disabled.  The released sane-frontends
package is the one to use with released and git versions of
sane-backends.

Chris