[sane-devel] SANE source compilation problems

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Sun Apr 25 23:53:59 UTC 2010

Ilmārs Poikāns さんは書きました:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded source from git repositories (sane-backends and sane-frontends)
> and tired to compile them.
>
> I have Ubuntu 9.10, needed dev library packages were there.
>
> sane-backends configure, make, make install was fine.
> sane-frontends configure failed.
>
> I traced problem down to /user/local/bin/sane-config having line:
> LIBS=" -ldl -lv4l1   -lm -ltiff -ljpeg  -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lexif -lm
> -lusb       -lusb  @REGMGR_LIBS@"
>
> When I deleted @REGMGR_LIBS@ from that line, then sane-frontends configure
> run successfully. I didn't care about graphical frontends, so configure
> disabled GUI. Previously gcc tried to find that file and failed to compile
> some tests.
>
> So, my first question - Is it normal to have something like
> @REGMGR_LIBS at unreplaced with some text after sane-backends make
> install?

No, something like @REGMGR_LIBS@ is normally replaced after ./configure.
 Without looking at any of the code, I suspect a typo.  My guess is that
it should be @RESMGR_LIBS at .
Just checked, it's been fixed already. ;-)

> Then I got to second problem while making sane-frontends - compiling
> scanadf.c failed, make reported error:
> scanadf.c:995: error: ‘SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>
> Source for SANE_STATUS_WARNING_UP undeclared problem was in
> /usr/local/include/sane/sane.h (installed by make install in sane-backends)
> on line 74. Missing define is deactivated with #if 0 line above. When I
> changed "#if 0" to "#if 1" and enabled following two #define declarations,
> sane-frontends make was successful finally.
>
> Is it supposed to be so, that user needs to manually change something in
> installed files to make sane successfully? Or I found a feature or bug?

SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP is one of the statusses that has been considered
for addition to the API.  IIRC, sane-backends-1.0.21 would ship without
any API changes (and the "#if 0" indicates that it will), so it appears
you have found a bug in scanadf.c.

Hope this helps,
- --
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962