[sane-devel] Rising project : Support of Konica-Minolta Magicolor 2480MF

Jean-Marc CHALLIER jm.challier at free.fr
Fri Aug 6 05:52:32 UTC 2010

Hello, sane world :)

I wanted to start the development of a back-end for the Konica-Minolta Magicolor 2480MF Multi-Functional Peripheral (MFP). I have several questions :

    • Has such a project already been started ? I searched the archives of the mailing list without success, but...
    • Is there anything special about the programming of an MFP back-end , or does the underlying kernel take care about the printing/scanning mutual exclusion ?
    • Does anyone know where I can get programming information about this device (any experience discussing with Konica-Minolta anyone ?) or will I have to reverse-engineer the communications between the PC and the scanner (gonna be tough...) ?
    • Is there anyone who would like to give me a hand, either with programm ing or at least with testing ?

Thank you very much of any answer you may provide...

--
Igx, The Dreaming Drummer...