[sane-devel] HP ADF Support for chipset RT58822

Alejandro Imass aimass at p2ee.org
Fri Aug 20 16:15:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to know the current support for the several HP ADF
scanners that share the common chipset. From what I could see, it
seems that the hp3900 series driver should support most if not all HP
scanners based on the RT58822 chipset. Nevertheless, I don't have
enough scanner skills to actually confirm this.

Here are the scanners we would need support for:
8290, 8350, 8390, 8420, 7800

I think our team has confirmed that all except for the 7800 share the
same chipset. We can't confirm the 7800 because we haven't had access
to it yet, but we will next week.

Question: Is adding support for these as simple as adding their
hardware ids to the lists in hp3900.xxx ? What else should we be aware
of?

Thanks,
Alejandro Imass