[sane-devel] Flat Scan USB vs. Lucid 10.04 LTS

walla at tiscali.it walla at tiscali.it
Sun Aug 29 15:44:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I subscribe this mailing list because I'm not able to solve a problem
with sane vs. lucid (10.04LTS).

I have a Flat scan usb 19200 (Trust) and it doesn't work under lucid, I
followed the instructions, copy its firmware in the right path and
configured gt68xx.conf using Artec Ultima 2000 as shown in the instructions.

*/usb 0x05d8 0x4002
# Artec Ultima 2000:
override "artec-ultima-2000"
firmware "PS1fw.usb"/*

When I try to launch Xsane from prompt line it seems there is a
calibration's problem of the scanner (I think!):

/*[gt68xx] gt68xx_afe_cis_auto: setting exposure reached limit*/

The result of the acquisition is a black screen!

If I perform the same steps of the instructions on Karmic 9.10 the
scanner works fine!...so I understood well the procedure to install scanner!

A difference between lucid and karmic when I start Xsane:

1) on Karmic Xsane recognize scanner as Artec 2000
2) on Lucid Xsane recognize scanner as Bear Paw 1200 (it's default
setting if you don't use override but I perform override in gt68xx.conf
as shown before)

Other settings of Xsane:

backend 1.0.20
deep 8 bit

Thank you very much in advance for your support!

Walla