[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:08:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Chris Berry <s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Chris, please go ahead. I think you could remove some of my "Chris why"
>> comments where you know. Should the scanner be added also to the
>> genesys.conf
>
> Definitely here
>>
>> and libsane.rules files?
>
> I have never entered in this file, what was the reason behind adding to it?
> Or at least what does it do?

It controls udev permissions. These files (and their hal/policyKit/et
al equivalents) are generated from the backends .desc file.

> Thanks for the support you have given here, I think we can realistically
> look at getting this committed within a fortnight, not sure when the next
> official release is, hopefully it is scheduled for entry into Fedora 15, im
> sure their feature freeze is a while off.

We'll leave it to the authors of the existing backend to OK the code
changes. I'm leaning toward doing the next release at the end of
January, I'll post a proposed timeline shortly.

allan