[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 110

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Wed Dec 15 01:45:53 UTC 2010

Den 15. des. 2010 01:49, skrev m. allan noah:
> The only thing I would add to that is using different arguments to
> configure, so that it overwrites the existing copy of sane-backends.
> Otherwise, you have to mess around with ld to get it to load the copy
> in /usr/local first.
>
> so, I would do:
>
> cd sane-backends
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
> make
> sudo make install
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Tomas Pospisek<tpo_deb at sourcepole.ch>  wrote:

>>> Hi :-)
>>>
>>> Where could I find a tutorial to make this compilation, please ?
>>> i'm pretty new to linux, and i don't plan to compile many things, i just
>>> need to get my scanner working :-)
>>>

>>> i have installed git-core
>>>
>>> looking at http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html , i tried
>>> git git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
>>> and
>>> git checkout git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
>>>
>>> and i'm blocked there, now
>>>
>> On Debian/Ubuntu that would be:
>>
>>   $ sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list # uncomment the relevant deb-src lines
>> there
>>   $ sudo apt-get update
>>   $ sudo apt-get build-dep libsane
>>   $ sudo apt-get install build-essential
>>   $ cd sane-backends
>>   $ ./configure
>>   $ make
>>   $ sudo make install
>>
>> with a bit of luck that should do.
>> *t

It should be noted that debian instructions also usually hold for Ubuntu.

For gentoo what you will need is
Add git-ebuild to your "sources":
# layman -a gentoo-china
(or "layman -S" if you did the above some time ago)
Allow unstable sane-backends:
# echo media-gfx/sane-backends ~x86 >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
Fetch source, build and install:
# emerge sane-backends