[sane-devel] Status of Avision

Mike Kelly mike at piratehaven.org
Thu Dec 23 13:00:29 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the support of the Avision AV210D2+ scanner, which
I've just committed, along with several other fixes, to the repository.  A
big thanks to David Solomon for tirelessly applying patch after (sometimes
faulty) patch to get it working.

For the sake of future Avision users scanning the mail archive, I'm going to
list the known issues with the backend.  I've only recently taken over
maintenance of the backend, so these are the only two issues I'm aware of:

1) The ADF on the HP 8200 series doesn't correctly handle duplexing.  I've
   had the help of a few people with this, but so far my patches have failed
   to isolate the problem.  A dedicated patch tester who is able to generate
   Windows USB dumps is desperately needed.

2) I have had one report that color scans on the Visioneer Xerox Documate 510
   produce banded output.  I've looked at the resulting scan image with its
   strange color banding, but I'm not sure what is causing it.  I'm seeking
   a tester who can do Windows USB dumps with this scanner.

That's it for now.

Mike
(:

--