[sane-devel] Offering assistance for Canon 5600F

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Dec 27 20:35:51 UTC 2010

Le Monday 27 December 2010 10:56:33 Denis Jallat, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
> Thank you for this proposal. I also have a CanoScan 5600F, but no
> knowledge to develop such a project. However I can test your
> suggestions. Do not hesitate; if I can modestly help you. I had been in
> contact with Stef, I sent him several tests following these tips, but in
> fact he seems have no time to work on this device.
>
> Best regards (excuse my english)
>
> Denis Jallat
>
> Le 27/12/2010 10:00, Stefan Larsson a écrit :
> > Everybody,
> >
> > I have looked through the mailing list and I noticed that there seems
> > to be slow progress in getting the Canon 5600F working.
> >
> > I am myself interested in getting the 5600F working with Linux and I
> > have a stationary computer with a 64-bit installation of Arch Linux
> > and a laptop with 32-bit installation of Fedora 14 available for testing.
> >
> > If the involved parties could give me an update of the current status
> > I will compile the current git-code and start testing.
> >
> > I am also proficient in C/C++, but mostly at application level with
> > less experience in writing low level drivers. With some guidance I
> > would be able to tweak the code as well in a short time.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Stefan Larsson
> >

> > --
> >
> >               to sane-devel-request at lists.alioth.debian.org
	Hello,

	the 5600f is a gl847 based scanner and should be added in the genesys
backend. Denis has sent me a few logs that I need to process to give you some
hints on how to add it.
	I'm currently working on the OpticBook 3600 patch sent recently. I think
I'll have enough time this week to send you precise explanations on the steps
to take to add this scanner.

Regards,
	Stef