[sane-devel] CanoScan 5000F

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Dec 29 21:37:37 UTC 2010

Le Wednesday 29 December 2010 20:51:37 Sébastien Chrétien, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have a CanoScan 5000F. Currently, it is unsupported.
> Is it possible to develop a driver ?
> Which information is required ?
>
> Attached "sane-find-scanner -v -v" result.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastien

	Hello,

	The GL640+GL646 combination isn't supported at all. In theory the GL640
translates accesses to the GL646. And since the genesys backend already
supports GL646 based scanners, something can be done there. Jack MacGill has
donated me the same scanner. I have planned to study it once I have finished
support for the G4050 I have.

	Look the different messages in the archive about GL646 scanners (HP2400
ones for instance). They'll give you hints on what to do. The first step is to
have this scanner working under windwos and record USB activity, then analyez
the protocol in it.

Regards,
	Stef