[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 12:52:30 UTC 2010

On 01/31/2010 09:21 PM, stef wrote:
> Le dimanche 31 janvier 2010 20:30:58 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Ok Stef, ignore that last email, I just got a scan! its far from perfect
>> but im on the right road at least (mostly your advice ;) ). One of my
>> GPIO wasnt set correctly and you were right about the bit 8 being set on
>> the control reg of the AFE.
>>
>> An upload of the image is at
>> http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1 . Its under Update
>> 31/01/10 as an attachment. Im not sure what the next step here is but
>> ill have a play myself. Any pointers from here are always welcome of
>>   course.
>>
>> Since things are progressing well I would like to know what the best
>> procedure would be for adding this to the stable version of the sane
>> api? I know we are a little far from this but it might be good for me to
>> have an idea as this is obviously the intended outcome.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Chris
>>

> 	Hello,
>
> 	good job. 'first light' is always a gratifying moment. For future inclusion
> of your work, you might consider using a local git tree with a dedicated
> branch. So that you will be able to generate patches.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Thanks Stef, how would I go about using the git tree? I've used SVN
before but not git so it shouldn't take long for me to wrap my head
around it. So far I just downloaded a copy of the development version
from git and i've been working from that copy, i'm not sure how to make
a new branch (or even if I have permission?).

Also have you had a chance to look at the scan and suggest what i need
to change? Im guessing that it might be a problem with the CCD, maybe it
thinks the ccd is larger than it is?

Thanks again

Chris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.