[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 5600f

Catalin David catalindavid2003 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 21:01:50 UTC 2010

Dear all,

My name is Catalin David and I am a student (hopefully not for long)
and have just joined this mailing list. The reason why I joined this
mailing list is that I want to develop a driver for the above
mentioned model of scanner.

I live in a residential college and the owners decided it was time to
replace the hardware equipment provided (scanner and printers) and
bought this model. As I later found out, there are no drivers for
Linux and, after asking the producer for some more details (and the
programmer's documentation), I got a very styled GTFO here saying they
only support Win and Mac OS and that they can't help me.

So, following the ideas on the website, I tried to find the chipset
manual and the programmer's information, but failed. I will try to
look more into what I can do on my side to find out more about the
scanner, but would appreciate some tips, info, steps to follow.

Regards,

Catalin David

--
Catalin David