[sane-devel] scanner Epson 4490 photo

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Mon Feb 8 23:47:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

François Patte wrote:
> I have an Epson 4490 photo scanner, which works with iscan drivers.
>
> I would like to scan 35 mm negatives, but the preview, when I use the
> transparency unit is very small: is there a way to configure sane to
> have a bigger size with the transparency unit?
At least with iscan, there is no way to do something like that other than using
the zoom button. Selecting an area with the marquee and clicking the zoom button
will perform a closeup preview of only the selected area.

XSane also has a zoom button you can use to get a closer look at your documents
when doing a preview. Once zoomed in you just have to click "Acquire Preview"
again and XSane will rescan the visible area at a higher resolution.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp