[sane-devel] sane scans take so long

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 12:56:06 UTC 2010

try getting a scan of a small area at 600dpi and capture a log:

SANE_DEBUG_CANON630U=255 scanimage [arguments required to make small
scan] > /dev/null 2>sane.log

then do a similar sized scan with the windows driver, but capture a
trace with this tool:

http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/

Then compress both of those files and send them to the list. Hopefully
this will be enough info to see the difference.

allan