[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Feb 21 06:14:50 UTC 2010

Le samedi 20 février 2010 16:14:02, vous avez écrit :
> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	regarding the gamma values you can extract the gamma tables sent to your
> > scanner by the windows driver from USB logs. Put them in a spreadsheet,
> > then you can insert the formula used by the genesys backend and compare
> > the reference and generated curves.
>
> I am not sure at all how to get the gamma values from the snoop. After
> looking at some parsed logs there are no references to gamma values, but
> looking in the awk files (specifically the bulk_write_register) there
> should be some parsed output for them. Maybe I am using the wrong
> version of your awk files for this?
>
> > 	For gain and offset, until calibration work I have nothing else to
> > advise you than trial and error. But by choosing a black/white target,
> > you may refine your tests. Scanned black areas should give values
> > slightly above zero. If no raise the offset. Once tweaked, you can adjust
> > gain until white areas give values of about 240 (0xF0).
>
> Ok ill try this once I have the correct gamma settings.
>
> > 	For the release date I can't tell. Next release should be close. When
> > your work should be terminated for your University course ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > 	Stef
>
> I have about 3 weeks to finish the implementation really, after that the
> sooner the better for the release :).
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	the gamma table writes aren't well decoded by my scripts. But you can look
for the following pattern just before the final data flow which corresponds to
the scan:

genesys_write_register(0x5c,0x00)
genesys_write_register(0x5b,0x02)
URB  3467  control  0x40 0x0c 0x83 0x00 len     1 wrote 0x28
sanei_genesys_bulk_write(512)=0x00 ... 0xff
genesys_write_register(0x5c,0x00)
genesys_write_register(0x5b,0x01)
URB  3472  control  0x40 0x0c 0x83 0x00 len     1 wrote 0x28
sanei_genesys_bulk_write(512)=0x00 0x00 ... 0xff
genesys_write_register(0x5c,0x00)
genesys_write_register(0x5b,0x00)
URB  3477  control  0x40 0x0c 0x83 0x00 len     1 wrote 0x28
sanei_genesys_bulk_write(512)=0x00 ... 0xff

	3 weeks seems doable...

Regards,
	Stef