[sane-devel] Backend for Canon CanoScan 8800F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 00:36:07 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Here are two more SniffUSB traces for the CanoScan 8800F.

1) The result of asking for "replug" of the scanner in SniffUSB
(12.9kB unzipped).

2) The result of scanning a 2inch wide by 1inch high white sheet of
printer paper at 75dpi using the Canon utility for this (limitation is
that smallest value is 1 inch), after a SniffUSB "replug" (4.9MB
unzipped), please find it at:

http://aikishugyo.dnsdojo.org/files/UsbSnoop-scan_2x1inch_white.log.zip

I need to look at these files carefully now and see if as Stef
suggested there might be some firmware passed to the scanner. I also
haven't figured out yet exactly what is the data: I see only two
reasonably-sized chunks passed back by the scanner---three chunks of
1024 lines (of 16 data each), and one chunk of 173 lines.

Sorry, but I am also still in the process of reading up on USB protocol.
Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug