[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Feb 23 20:19:29 UTC 2010

Le mardi 23 février 2010 14:48:40 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> stef wrote:

> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	The shading calibration area is 'under the roof', it is located inside
> > the scanner. You can have a picture of it by doing a scan after setting
> > physical y offset to 0. ie you scan from parking position.
>
> Sorry I wasnt very clear with this, I know where the shading area is I
> just dont know how to alter where the backend reads the shading data
> from. At first I thought it was in the genesys_device struct in the
> white strip/ black mark section but that seem to make no affect.
>
> Hopefully I can fix this by tomorrow and start testing
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	shading data is gathered during genesys_white_shading_calibration() and
genesys_dark_shading_calibration() scans. You need working settings for
maximum sensor's resolution, and half of it in case of 'HALF_CCD'. You can use
the black_shading.pnm and white_shading.pnm debug files to check these scans
are correct. The data are then use in genesys_send_shading_coefficient().

Regards,
	Stef