[sane-devel] Where do I get the SANE support on Sun SPARC for HP 5590 Scanner

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:44:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Omar Halaseh <omar at omnix.ae> wrote:
> Dear  Ilia,
>
> I need SANE for Sun SPARC 64bit with HP ScanJet 5590 support.
>
> I downloaded and installed SANE 1.0.18 for Sun SPARC from
> http://www.blastwave.org/ but I could not find the libraries for HP 5590!

Good evening, Omar!

Support for HP5590 was included in sane-backends 1.0.19, if memory
serves me well.

> Can you please let me know which version of SANE contains the HP ScanJet
> 5590 support and where I can get the binaries/packages from?

I haven't heard on precompiled SPARC binaries. Most straightforward way is to
- download latest release from SANE Project web site
(http://www.sane-project.org/source.html)
- compile (./configure && make)
- install and try to scan
- report any difficulties

Let me know if I should help in either step.

Best regards,
--
 Ilia Sotnikov