[sane-devel] scanimage 1.0.20 hangs on Solaris 10/SPARC (pixma backend)

Patrick Simmons linuxrocks123 at netscape.net
Sun Feb 28 08:13:34 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm trying to get SANE 1.0.20 working with a Canon MP210 USB scanner on
Solaris/SPARC.  I'm using the latest Solaris 10 build.  However, I can't
get it to scan.  When I do scanimage -L, my scanner is shown correctly
after a moderately long delay, but scanimage just hangs forever when I
try to use it to scan.  scanimage will also hang forever when run with
the --help option, after printing out the help text.  It's as if it's
trying to print the scanner name but ran into trouble.

I've followed README.Solaris to the letter, except that I also changed
an include path in the Makefile from "-I/usr/local/include" to
"-I/usr/include" because the md5.h in /usr/local/include won't compile
on my machine for some reason.  I experience the same behavior with the
latest GIT snapshot.  The same behavior happens whether I am root or a
user.  I have verified that the scanimage works with SANE 1.0.20 on
Linux/AMD64; in addition, I until recently ran Linux/SPARC on the
Solaris 10 machine.  scanimage worked there with a development snapshot
of SANE calling itself "SANE 1.1.0".

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks,
--Patrick

--
If I'm not here, I've gone out to find myself.  If I get back before I return, please keep me here.