[sane-devel] ScanJet HP46x0

Ille tam.ille at free.fr
Wed Jan 6 08:50:08 UTC 2010

Hi,
Happy New Year to every one!

I did some work to get the hp4600/4670 working, based on the
mustek_usb2 backend. So far, the communication with the scanner is not
far from being completed, some registers are still not exactly
identified, but they seem to be some kind of constant (resolution
dependant although).

Now I'm trying to understand how gamma/color correction table is
computed. The W$ driver send a table of 0x600 bytes (which I assume is
Gamma/rgb correction), then another one whose size vary depending on
resolution (I don't know what this is), then a third one who is 0x1000
bytes (I think there are 4 times 0x250 bytes: values are presented in
the first 0x250 bytes, padded with 0, then repeated in reverse order in
the next 0x250 bytes, padded with 0, the first 0x500 bytes are then
repeated).

Could someone confirm that the first table should be the gamma/color
correction table, does anyone have an idea about what the second table
could be (the size is quiet large: 0x10c6c bytes for resolutions <=
600dpi), do you think the last one could be the motor table?

Thanks

Tâm