[sane-devel] Brother scanners

Archie Robertson arobert37 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 19:34:22 UTC 2010

I just finished installing my brother DCP-7020 scanner.

I got this email address from the file 40-libsane.rules on Ubuntu 9.10.

I notice there are not any entries for Brother scanners in the file.  I got the following line of code from the Brother website..  They actually have very good linux support.

# Brother scanners
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04f9", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

Adding this to 40-libsane.rules was the last step in my install, now the scanner works.  I don't know if there is a reason that the brother scanners are not included in the original file, but if somebody was interested in adding them, the brother website seems to provide the code necessary to run any of their devices.

Thanks to all for maintaining and developing this software.

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!