[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 03:38:07 UTC 2010

Thanks for the quick reply stef, hope you had a good christmas/new year :).

I have made changes to the GPIO settings as appropriate (i.e. matched
the settings to what I believe is correct from register writes) but I
could only find values for 0x6b, 0x6d, 0x6e and 0x6f. I couldn't find a
write to 0x6c so I assumed that to be 0x00 and also I am unsure in which
file the 0x6b register is set. Is 0x6b set in genesys_devices.c? If so
which section?

Another concern is that in the logs there are no URB's of the form:

control  0x40 0x0c 0x89 0x00 len  (Output enable)
control  0xc0 0x0c 0x8a 0x00 len (read)
control  0x40 0x0c 0x8b 0x00 len (write)

I checked these after running the initial perl scripts and before the
awk scripts you forwarded to me. Is it maybe possible that the control
URBs for this have happened at a time that hasn't been caught by the
logs or is it more likely that there is a different value being used as
opposed to 0x89, 0x8a and 0x8b?

Would incorrect GPO affect the light being on and off? I know for sure
that the value for 0x6b from the logs is different to the one set by the
genesys driver at the moment so I think maybe correcting this could be a
big break through for this project :)

Chris