[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 15:02:44 UTC 2010

Ok I have set the values for the 0x6b and im still getting a completely
black scan but the lamp is being turned off at the start of a scan.

When the scanner is plugged in the light is ON and when i start a scan
the light is immediately turned off. The init reg is definitely sending
the correct data to the scanner so I am assuming another part of the
code is turning the lamp off.

I took a USB sniff of the lamp being turned on and off repeatedly which
I will add to the project site
(http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/home) and I am certain all that the
lamp needs is to set register 0x03 to the value of 0x5f or 0xdf
(difference here is lampdog on and off). I have tried various other
settings including setting the lamp power to off and to no avail. Please
bear in mind that I have only been changing the setting in the reg_init
and no where else.

I cant see how I can test anything else is working until the lamp is on
and why it wont turn on baffles me.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.