[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Jan 15 13:10:48 UTC 2010

Le jeudi 14 janvier 2010 17:47:41 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> Ok quick update, I have managed to get the lamp on during scans! The
> reason it was failing is because reg[0x01] was hard coded to CIS type
> and this is a CCD scanner. Hopefully this means that all I have to do is
> polish up the remaining register values at init time.
>
> Currently the light is on when the scan head moves down but turns itself
> off immediately before it comes back, is this normal behaviour for the
> genesys driver?
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	nice job. Do you get any picture data ?
	I don't think that the genesys backend switch off lamp after you scan on
purpose. The planned behaviour is to switch off CCD only when the defined
waiting time has elapsed. Maybe what you are seeing is the power saving
function kicking in and switching off light by modifying GPIOs (see
gl841_save_power function in genesys_gl841.c).
	While this doesn't hurt for CIS scanners, CCD may have to warm up each time
they light on. So this behaviour might not be desirable.

Regards,
	Stef