[sane-devel] Scanjet 2200c not working

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 05:38:00 UTC 2010

Le dimanche 24 janvier 2010 13:25:29 Ajit Natarajan, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Stef and others,
>
> HP has a support page on troubleshooting if the scanner makes a grinding
> noise or if the lamp does not return to its home position.  For HP
> Scanjet 2200c, there is a lock at the back.  If locked, the lamp
> assembly will not move.  This is used when the scanner is transported.
>
> I don't think this is the problem because I haven't changed this lock
> position.  And, it works with Windows XP.
>
> In any case, I've drawn the lock in its current position.  See attached
> PDF.  Please let me know if the lock is in the locked position.
>
> Also, can I send a reset command to the scanner from SANE?  If so,
> please let me know how.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ajit

	Hello,

	I had a rapid look at the code. There are other debug traces that would be
interesting. The backend uses sanei_lm983x_* functions to communicate with the
scanner. So by running scanimage like:

SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_LM983X=255
scanimage -d plustek >scan.pnm 2>debug.log

	We'll have more traces, including registers content read from your scanner
which may be returning an unexpected value.

Regards,
	Stef