[sane-devel] libusb + epkowa prob

C L. rosc2112 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 23:45:12 UTC 2010

Already got the epkowa and related stuff installed. Debug does't provide more clues either other than show the libs being loaded then closed. The only clue I've seen so far is that Inappropriate ioctl error in my strace log.

What's really annoying, I had this epson v10 working on an old P2 box (for years!) and suddenly it's not working, I suspect that old motherboard is finally dying but that's not the current system I'm trying to figure out.

This is a brand new epson v30 I just got cos I thought the v10 was kaput, and running on a new Amd X4/Asus M4N78pro mobo, slackware v12, kernel 2.6.32, sane-backend 1.0.19 freshly compiled, etc. lsusb sees it, sane-find-scanner sees it. scanimage -L doesn't.  Tried setting the v10 on it too, but same results, libusb sees it, the scanimage program doesn't, makes me think libusb isn't playing nice. (I had problems using an old Palm Z22 device with libusb, had to revert to using the kernel 'visor' module..)  libusb-config --version 0.1.12