[sane-devel] Canon Lide 30

Kelly Price strredwolf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 14:54:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:05 AM, angler31 <angler31 at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> just got this device and I noticed it makes an awful noise at times,
> coincident
> with the carriage being seemingly "stuck" at the rail end. On these
> occasions
> the resulting image (if any) is usually cut at the bottom and the top shows
> a black band. The issue is frequent, but seemingly random.
> The device performs flawlessly under Windows XP.
>
> Any hint will be greatly appreciated.
> (ubuntu 9.10/amd64, sane 1.0.14, libsane 1.0.20, sane-plustek backend)

I have this scanner with the latest sane/libsane/xsane under Gentoo
(which I'm about to update).  It also has the same problems on
occassion.  Sometimes unplugging and replugging the device helps if it
gets stuck when starting to scan. I also get problems more recently
with doing 16-bit scanning that are unrelated to the hardware... but
those are for another post.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://strredwolf.furrynet.com