[sane-devel] Canon MF8030c

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:53:10 UTC 2010

You can use Snoopypro.exe to get a usb snoop on Windows, this is a very
old program, but hopefully, still working on Vista.

Download from Snoopypro from sourceforge.net here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/

Read and follow exactly the instructions in SnoopyPro.exe, then try to
record a scan session.

 => Select the device corresponding to the scanner, using its USB
address 04A9:2707

There will be ~4 devices holding this address.
The scanner should be the one indicated by: "MF8030 ser"

You can recognize that it's the correct one, if you look at the frame
counter in SnoopyPro, it should increment only when MF8030 is scanning.
This is important ... in order to avoid having huge log files filled up
with useless data!

Also, choose a **small** area to scan, otherwise, there will be huge
amount of data.

Then, Save As ... the file (in menu), zip the log and send it back to
me.

Nicolas