[sane-devel] fail: open driver for Epson Perfection V100

Stéphane Blondon stephane.blondon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 20:57:29 UTC 2010

As discussed before on this mailing list, I tried to write an open
driver in order to replace epkowa but I fail and I will live far from
the scanner in few weeks so I can't continue.

To sum up what is known today:
- the protocol is more or less like the epjitsu.
- however the command headers are not the same as the epjitsu ones.
- command used to call to set up the resolution is "1e 8d".
Value for 50dpi: "03"
Value for 600dpi: "02"
Value for 12800dpi: "00"
- the preview scans at 50dpi

- the firmware is included in the Esf66.bin file (in the MS Windows driver).
- the 255 first bytes of Esf66.bin are not sended.
- the end of the Esf66.bin is not sended too (they are only "ff" values).

It's probably not useful but my logs and files are there:
http://sblondon.free.fr/scanner_v100/

I will unsubscribe to the mailing list in days/weeks.

--
Stéphane