[sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:35:44 UTC 2010

Just looked at the logs (only the beginning is interesting for me), but
it fails at the same point even after having fixed the checksums
(although the scanner did not seem to care they were misplaced)

But one thing surprises me: in the usb dialogs, I don't see any USB
Interrupt messages like in the Windows snoop, only Bulk ones are
present.

And I remember one important point: running the pixma backend on a Mac
is not sure it will work, because the Darwin libusb library on Mac does
not implement USB Interrupts :-(
Some PIXMA/Imageclass models can cope with that, but others not. And I'm
afraid we might be here in this pitfall. Do you confirm running it on
MacOS ? Which version of MacOS and Darwin libusb ?

To be sure, could you try taking some additional USB logs this time,
just record the first 30 seconds it's fine (the 50K log you sent is
enough for debug) with these commands:

export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
export SANE_DEBUG=255
export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11