[sane-devel] "Failed to start scanner: Invalid argument"

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:51:15 UTC 2010

It is possible that there is a problem with the sane backend used to
talk to the scanner. What is the output of the command
sane-find-scanner, run as root?

If it shows a line containing epson2, you could try editing
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf, and '#' the epson2 line, and remove any '#' in
front of the epson line, and try scanning again.

allan