[sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:45:21 UTC 2010

I don't know the current status of Darwin libusb against usb interrupts,
but it used to not support timeouts in older versions, which makes pixma
backend unusable for some PIXMA models.

Looking at the Darwin libusb 1.13 source files, comments show this may
be working now, but not sure (source code still contains a message about
timeouts not being supported).

Anyway, I added a while back a very ugly hack in the pixma backend, that
used to work for some PIXMA devices (use a read bulk instead of a read
interrupt) but it may fail with others.
What I can propose to you is to give a try without this hack, to check
if this is better now with the current Darwin libusb.

So please replace your current git file:
sane-backends/backend/pixma_io_sanei.c with the one I've attached,
recompile/reinstall, and give another try as you did just previously
(with the 3 exports statements).
And send back the new scanimage.log you'll get.

Nicolas