[sane-devel] Xerox DocuMate takes long to return BUSY when on standby

dabicho tsukebumi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:54:38 UTC 2010

Hello.
I have a Xerox DocuMate515, detected as Documate512.

When I leave the scanner on, after some time it goes into a kind of
standby mode. (the blue led on the scanner blinks slowly)
If I try to perform some operation on the scanner (like sane_start()
or scan an image with xsane), it will hang for some time before
returning  SANE_STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY, after which I would be able to use
the scanner again (the blue led does not blink any more)

Is there any way to go around this? Some sort of way to wake up the
scanner that takes less time, and some way to check if it is on stand
by mode?

Thank you.