[sane-devel] Problem using multipage feature (plus a suggestion)

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:55:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Pierre Pietri <pf.pietri at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In using the multipage feature, I have a problem, and I also present a
> suggestion for the feature documentation.
>
> The problem
> ===========
>
> Using the automatic document feeder, only the first page is processed;
> the other are immediately skipped to the end and not processed.
> This makes the feature loses (in my opinion) at least half of its
> interest.
>
> I'm using Xsane version 0.996, under Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty).
>
> My printer is a Brother MFC 5890CN
>  (thanks and praise to Brother for making Linux drivers)
> As this is my only printer with an automatic document feeder, I can't
> say if this occurs on other printers.

You must tell xsane how many pages you will grab from the scanner, or
it will stop after the first page. There is a page count control for
this. I think you should be able to set it to a huge value, and it
will stop when the scanner runs out of pages.

The remainder of your suggestions are good, however, the author of
xsane is not subscribed to this mailing list. You should send your
comments to him directly.

allan