[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 5590 issues

j0rd j0rd.spam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:04:32 UTC 2010

I am having the same problems, 3 years later.

1. The edges to not appear to get detected. This is causing overrun's making
ADF pretty useless.

2. In ADF Duplex, the "backside" or "second side" is upside down.

3. I'm not scanning in colour, so I'm not sure about this.

Is there any more advice I can try to get this scanner to work properly in
linux. Under windows, I get edge detection and I'm able to scan properly in
ADF mode. Perhaps it's done in the software instead of hardware, but at
least it works.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Other than these issues, xsane just
seemed to work fine with this scanner under Ubuntu. That was greatly
appreciated.