[sane-devel] CanoScan 5000F support?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 17:07:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:05 PM, xy <abi1789 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 03/21/2010 03:39 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:54 AM, xy<abi1789 at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying to get my CanoScan 5000F working.
/../

> so I opened the device and made some photos.

Thank you very much, that is great of you!

> There is a "very big" chip with lots of pins on all four edges, which is
> labled with:
>     Mercury 03
>     A234-0604
>     FFHWA-2

This is unknown to me, looking at a company called Mercury Systems
show they are involved with cell processors, could be this is some
sort of ASIC, in which case it might implement a known protocol.

> There is also a chip with pins on two edges, which is nearer to the usb-port
> and labled with:
>     tm    (superscript) TE     (subscript) C      (obviously some company
> name)
>     7S
>     0212
>     T431616A   EP0539X

This is a 1M * 16 SDRAM (512k * 16 bits * 2 banks):
http://theplanet.chipdocs.com/datasheets/datasheet-pdf/TMT/T431616A-7.html

Is it possible there is another chip on the other side of the
board---I think that there are often 3 main chips. Still , if not,
maybe now you could get a USBsnoop under windows (simply lowest
resolution, small area maybe 1 inch by 1 inch, all automatic settings
turned off)?

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug