[sane-devel] any sniff volunteers unsupported Canon scanners: 4200F, 5200F, 9900F, 9950F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 03:53:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Kelly Price <strredwolf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
> <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> None. I looked at the SANE support/unsupport pages to see what they
>> use (http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/) . As I said, I am
>> looking for sniffs only of the specified 4 scanners, in order to
>> determine if they use a pixma protocol. If you have a 90 or 100 I
>> suggest you first check the SANE pages for what they say about those
>> scanners, and if nothing there then open up the scanners if you feel
>> confident enough, and take a look at the chips, specifying the
>> information. Chances are the 100 is also a Genesys user.
>>

> The 90's there, but no 100.  I can open up the 100 (I'm using a 30 right now).

Hi Kelly,
Before you do that, please search the sane-devel mailing list for
information on the LiDE100. I'm not working on the Genesys backend so
I haven't kept up-to-date on developments there, but you should
ascertain what others have done before you decide to open up the
scanner for possibly no good reason (and the chance of getting dirt
in).

Also, the unsupported information on the website is not up-to-date.
Regards,
Gernot