[sane-devel] Bus Error on pnm backend in FreeBSD 8

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Mon Mar 22 18:31:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That is right after the patch you added. try valgrind?
>>>

>> It segfaults with the original code and bus error with the patch. The
>> only lines differing between the original ports file and the current
>> git file are the sane_get_device lines that condition/hide the blocked
>> devices.
>
> Are you really, really sure you installed the recompiled version? :)

By your insistence :-), I deinstalled the port and noticed a warning
on not being able to delete some files in /usr/local/lib/sane so I
rm'd the manually and now it works perfectly. Thanks Allan!!! I will
test that pnm is actually working and submit the patch to the FreeBSD
package maintainer. Will also try to get the Debian maintainer to
apply the patch.

Best!
Alejandro Imass