[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200 PRO

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 02:42:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM, scar <scar at drigon.com> wrote:

> Ille @ 01/26/2010 04:48 AM:
>>
>> Hi, I did not investigate much, but it really looks like sq113 ship. In
>> my opinion, you should try the mustek_usb2 backend.
>
> i have finally purchased the a3 usb 1200 pro.  but when i start xsane
> (0.996-1ubuntu2) it just says it cannot find any devices.  'lsusb'
> indicates it is detected.  and, in fact, i was able to get a winxp
> virtual machine to detect the scanner and install the drivers.
> unfortunately, when i go to actually acquire an image, i get a BSOD.
>
> how can i try to use the mustek_usb2 backend?
>
> if we can't make any progress soon, i would gladly put money towards the
> development of sane support for this device, so please provide more
> information on how i might do that.

Probably you should first check if you can use as root: as normal user
many distributions do not give you needed access to the USB devices.
See if as root you can get a result from:
scanimage -L
This should list the scanners that are found by all the backends,
giving as result which backend and the USB address of the scanner and
maybe serial and model.

Regards, Gernot