[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200 PRO

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 04:07:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM, scar <scar at drigon.com> wrote:

> Gernot Hassenpflug @ 03/22/2010 07:42 PM:
>> See if as root you can get a result from:
>> scanimage -L
>
> even as root, it doesn't detect any scanners.
>
> sane-find-scanner does detect it though:
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f [Hewlett-Packard.        ],
> product=0x040b [USB2.0 Scanner            ], chip=SQ113) at libusb:001:009

Yes, in order for the backend to detect it you would need to register
the Vendor ID and Product ID with that backend, if I understand
correctly. That means editing the recommended backend code (preferably
in a CVS version of SANE) and recompiling it (goes into /usr/local so
no interference with system SANE). Then scanimage -L should find the
scanner with whatever backend the Vid/Pid was registered with, and try
to work with it.

Regards,
Gernot