[sane-devel] Canon MF3110 Problem

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:57:12 UTC 2010

Unfortunately, the pixma backend you're using, probably coming with your
Linux distribution, is too old (0.15.0), MF3110 was declared but under
an incorrect Pixma class of protocol, so trying here to use a wrong
Pixma protocol (as seen in the d420 message, wrong length).

This has been fixed since then in Sept 2009 (changed protocol class), so
please install the latest version of git Sane, and hopefully, your
MF3110 should then run out of the box ... or let us know.

Nicolas