[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200 PRO

scar scar at drigon.com
Sat Mar 27 05:03:21 UTC 2010

scar @ 03/23/2010 12:34 PM:
> linux packages mustek
> provides[1]?
> [snip]
>
> if i installed it, i would have to use --force-architecture.

so, as long as i don't have anything else installed, their driver
works... only on the command line with scanimage, so far.

the problem i have is my HP printer doesn't work any longer, since
hplip/hpijs depends on libsane.  their driver installs itself as libsane
but, for some reason, it isn't recognized: when i go to install hpijs,
it still wants to install libsane from the repositories.  doubtful it
would work anyway, as their driver probably doesn't provide whatever
hpijs/hplip need.

> maybe it's possible to manually backup some of the current files i have
> and copy over the files from this package?

i tried doing this but couldn't get xsane to work:

$ pwd
/home/scar/src/libsane_1.0.19-1_i386
$ sudo cp -r usr/lib/* /usr/lib
$ scanimage -L
scanimage: error while loading shared libraries: libsane.so.1: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS32
$ usr/bin/scanimage -L

A3IIIU2 Spicall: hello?

A3IIIU2 Spicall: Init the data link

A3IIIU2 Spicall: <in IsResolution600
device `mustek_usb2:libusb:001:018' is a Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200
Pro flatbed scanner
$ sudo cp usr/bin/* /usr/bin/
$ scanimage -L

A3IIIU2 Spicall: hello?

A3IIIU2 Spicall: Init the data link

A3IIIU2 Spicall: <in IsResolution600
device `mustek_usb2:libusb:001:018' is a Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200
Pro flatbed scanner
$ xsane
xsane: error while loading shared libraries: libsane.so.1: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS32
$

i really would like to be able to use xsane, my hp printer, and also at
least the plustek backened for my other, canon scanner.  what is it
going to take?  are we back to writing our own driver?