[sane-devel] Epson Artisan 710 support

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon May 17 20:51:12 UTC 2010

>>> With regards to the horizontal lines, could you send me a sample scan
>>> off-list? Preferably a fairly small area exhibiting the problem scanned
>>> at a
>>> high resolution in a lossless format, like PNG. I don't want to go
>>> hunting
>>> for the problem if it is difficult to spot. Also, to avoid any image
>>> processing, please make sure to use scanimage to do the scan.
>>
>> I'll email you directly right now.
>
> Thanks for the samples. I've never seen this particular problem before. I'll
> have to take a crack at seeing if I can reproduce this to make 100% sure
> it's not an issue with your hardware. You'll have to hang tight before I can
> find an Artisan 710 and some free time to investigate.

Thanks Alesh.  I previously owned an Artisan 700 and it developed the
same problem partway through the time I owned it.  I remember
upgrading the epkowa backend a couple times, so the problem may have
been introduced by one of the upgrades.

Do you know which version of the epkowa backend was the first to
support the 710?  Gentoo's package tree has 2.11.0 and 2.21.0.  2.21.0
exhibits the problem, but 2.11.0 doesn't seem to support the 710.  I'd
like to try the first version that supported the 710.

- Grant