[sane-devel] scanimage works, xsane does not

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Mon May 17 21:17:45 UTC 2010

Just a guess since you didn't mention working around following.

Macports is installed under /opt's and only looks for its libraries under
/opts.  I think those twain-sane packages are self-contained packages.

So probably when you compiled xsane from Macports it pulled in the older
sane-backends-1.0.20 from Macports as well.

Can't offer the exact fix for getting Macports to use external libraries but
recommend pinging the Macport maintainer of sane-backends to update to
1.0.21.  That would be simplest.

Chris