[sane-devel] Uniscan D50 scanner cannot work

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:18:14 UTC 2010

2010/5/20 陈钢 <bzongbzongbzong at 163.com>:
> Hi,
>     I have an old Uniscan D50 USB scanner, which was
> produced by a Chinese company, Qinghua Ziguang.
> I tried in Fedora 8/11/12, but it didn't work. Some useful
> information, I think, is that when adding a line
> usb 0x1606 0x0170

You are running a very old sane-backends. Too bad it does not give any
information about the chipset used. I suggest you try the latest
sane-backends: 1.0.21. Maybe you will get more useful information from
it because at latest sane I note that there are several models of the
brand UMAX that have the 0x1606 vendor ID and are supported by a
variety of backends depending on the chip used:

- plustek
- rts8891
- umax1220u

So please see what output you can get from the latest SANE.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug