[sane-devel] Making neutral scans

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:30:29 UTC 2010

>>> Not at all. I've seen two different units of the same scanner give
>>> very different tone scans with the same options set. You need a
>>> reference target to scan.
>>>
>>> allan
>>
>> But color management can be used after the fact, right?  I'd like to
>> have a reference copy of everything I scan that I can apply things
>> like color management or unsharp mask to later on.
>
> Yes- if the colors are reasonable, a profile specific to that machine
> could be used to clean it further
>
> allan

So if I make sure my gamma correction is always at 1.8 and I always
leave all the sliders alone, I should be able to produce consistent
reference scans that I can apply the same set of adjustments (ICC
profile, maybe others) to later on to produce something as accurate as
possible?

I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

- Grant