[sane-devel] Epson Artisan 710 calibration & epson2 support

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri May 21 20:39:20 UTC 2010

> In another thread Allan brought to my attention that my Epson Artisan
> 710 has a calibration problem.  Does anyone know how to calibrate it?
> There doesn't seem to be an option for this on the device itself.
> Does one exist in the Windows software, and if so, is that the only
> way to calibrate it?

I should add that I tried scanning to a memory card from the scanner's
front panel and it did not prevent the vertical line artifacts from
appearing on the back of CDs.  They still show up.  There must be some
type of calibration necessary that is separate from the driver.  I
checked the manual but it does not have information on calibration at
all.

- Grant